Access to Art — for All
When we welcome you to our museum, we mean it. Our building and the gallery spaces within it have been created and renovated to be accessible for people with mobility issues. And if you have another access consideration, contact us. We’ll do everything we can to make your visit comfortable and enjoyable.
Physical Access to the Fort Wayne Museum of Art
- Our driveway at the main entrance is adjacent to a zero-threshold, level-grade brick patio.
- The main entrance features two sets of automatic doors.
- All gallery spaces are on the main level and feature zero-threshold passages.
- Gallery doors are automatic and zero-threshold.
- All exhibition components are at least three feet from the next physical object or barrier.
- Wheelchairs and motorized scooters are welcome, and wheelchairs are available for use on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The second floor, used for public programs, is accessible by elevator.
More Access Options
If you or a family member have a mental disability, vision impairment, or hearing impairment, contact us. We will happily make accommodations to help each person enjoy the arts.