41st Annual International Glass Invitational Award Winners
Part of the 2013 Summer of Glass, June 29 – September 29
Organized by Habatat Galleries, this exhibition is the oldest and largest annual contemporary glass show in the country. Selected from an array of glass masters, this exhibition features 26 of the best studio glass artists in the world. In its 41st year, the invitational presents contemporary glass sculpture in the greater context of international influence with unconventional forms and processes. Courtesy of Habatat Galleries, Michigan.
About Habatat Galleries
Habatat Galleries was established in 1971 in a suburb of Detroit, Michigan and is the oldest and largest gallery in the United States devoted exclusively to artists working with glass as their medium. There are three additional Habatat Galleries located in Boca Raton, Fla., Chicago, Ill. and the recently opened Tysons Corner, VA. The 12,000 sq. ft. Michigan gallery is the home of the original International Glass Invitational, which for 40 years has introduced and exhibited the greatest artists working creatively with glass. The mission of Habatat Galleries is to service collections both public and private, while taking an active interest in developing collections and promoting artists who should be recognized in our generation and beyond. Habatat Galleries – Michigan works with many museums and art centers to develop exhibits that have been displayed in over 100 public institutions.
Tickets to this special exhibition are required. Cost: $7 per person in addition to regular museum admission. Each ticket will permit entry to the Summer of Glass exhibitions Chihuly: Secret Garden, 41st Annual International Studio Glass Invitational Award Winners, and The Next Generation of Studio Glass. FWMoA members receive complimentary tickets to all three shows. Become a member now.
Important information about your visit to the Chihuly and the Summer of Glass exhibitions:
- Timed entry tickets will be issued based on gallery capacity for entry each half hour.
- Groups and individuals who wish to reserve a specific date and time for a visit must purchase tickets in advance. Groups and individuals who do not wish to reserve a date and time for a visit will be issued tickets on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please call 260.422.6467 if you wish to reserve special exhibition tickets for a specific date and time.
- If your entry time is later than your arrival at the museum, you may visit any of the other seven galleries in the interim. Learn more about FWMoA exhibitions during your visit.
- The most active days at the Fort Wayne Museum of Art are Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Group visits may be more difficult to arrange on these days. Please call well in advance of your visit to ensure your preferred date and time is reserved.
- Strollers, photography, backpacks or large bags, food, and drink are not permitted in the special exhibition galleries. Children must be closely supervised by an adult.