Chihuly: Secret Garden
The 2013 Summer of Glass is an experience of contemporary glass comprised of three striking exhibitions, including Chihuly: Secret Garden, The 41st Annual International Glass Invitational Award Winners, and The Next Generation of Studio Glass.
Chihuly’s exhibition of glass by internationally famous artist Dale Chihuly is an unprecedented collaboration between the Fort Wayne Museum of Art and the Franklin Park Conservatory in Columbus designed to welcome different kinds of art lovers throughout the community to discover this contemporary art form that has its roots in a process that is centuries old.
With glass from Dale Chihuly’s famous Macchia, Blue Herons, Red Belugas, and Neodymium Reeds series, this installation will unfold as a metaphorical garden, dazzling the senses with Chihuly’s sparkling colors and mesmerizing forms.
The organization and presentation of this major exhibition is a landmark effort to bring to Fort Wayne art that has previously only been accessible in the major metropolitan cities of the country. By illustrating the artisanal roots of this gorgeous art form, this exhibition intends to break down the barriers between high art and craft, and underscore the relationship of art and craft to daily life, our natural environment, and popular culture.
This exhibition is organized by the Fort Wayne Museum of Art in cooperation with Franklin Park Conservatory. The work displayed is protected by copyright owned by Dale Chihuly and Chihuly Studio and any reproduction of the Artwork is expressly prohibited.
Tickets to this special exhibition are required. Cost: $7 per person in addition to regular museum admission. Each ticket will permit entry to the Summer of Glass exhibitions Chihuly: Secret Garden, 41st Annual International Studio Glass Invitational Award Winners, and The Next Generation of Studio Glass. FWMoA members receive complimentary tickets to all three shows. Become a member now.
Important information about your visit to the Chihuly and the Summer of Glass exhibitions:
- Timed entry tickets will be issued based on gallery capacity for entry each half hour.
- Groups and individuals who wish to reserve a specific date and time for a visit must purchase tickets in advance. Groups and individuals who do not wish to reserve a date and time for a visit will be issued tickets on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please call 260.422.6467 if you wish to reserve special exhibition tickets for a specific date and time.
- If your entry time is later than your arrival at the museum, you may visit any of the other seven galleries in the interim. Learn more about FWMoA exhibitions during your visit.
- The most active days at the Fort Wayne Museum of Art are Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Group visits may be more difficult to arrange on these days. Please call well in advance of your visit to ensure your preferred date and time is reserved.
- Strollers, photography, backpacks or large bags, food, and drink are not permitted in the special exhibition galleries. Children must be closely supervised by an adult.